Sunday, December 4, 2016

Jay Z caricature





Jay Z caricature.

I started with this fairly sketchy working up of Jay Z, came back later and fleshed it out more but all it really did was tighten it up or "laying on the concrete" as I like to call it - where the rough is nice, fresh and intuitive but the more work you do on it the deader it becomes.

Here, I'll show you what i mean .. Here's where I took it to later ..


There is of course the chance that if you keep on at it you'll come out the other side and it will eventually get better but when I looked at where I'd taken it to compared to where it'd already been I decided to keep the fresher, earlier version.

Also, for some reason I have a thing with drawing black people with blue/purple skin. I have no idea what that's all about. More than likely, I've seen someone do it really well and it's stuck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment