Thursday, July 14, 2016

Buster Keaton


Recently I emailed a mate of mine a joke and he didn't think it was funny. He loves slapstick and physical humour so I replied saying next time I'll send a clip of a bloke walking down the street carrying a ladder, knocking people over - he'd laugh at that. Soon after I sent him something else and again he didn't find it funny either so I went on Youtube to try and find a clip of a guy carrying a ladder down the street. Couldn't find one but ended up finding some Buster Keaton clips. Watched a bunch of them plus a doco and was pretty blown away by the whole thing.

First of all, the stunts he was doing were amazing, not to mention how dangerous they were. They also had this lovely old world feel that was just really charming. His life too was amazing .. massive ups and massive downs. 

Here's a clip of some of his stuff. It doesn't include the one he does where he's running down a hill with all these rocks and boulders running down the hill around him, which is a surprise. Still good tho. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J8XM1_rOTg 

And here are the jokes I sent my mate. I agree, the 2nd one isn't that good but I still think the first one is class. I dunno who the artist is but it's genius and I feel bad I can't give him credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment